I agree with Pascal but a little twist, lets invite them in and promote "Seeing Sideways". That way they understand why we're doing what we're doing. We can explain to them that this class is not just an ordinary New Media class or any other class. To me this class feels like a hybrid of artistic creativeness on steroids (for New Media) plus free thinking, which I will definitely need.
"What does it mean to leave someone with a really bad feeling?"
Sometimes people can't control how they feel. They've learned to react in certain circumstances at a very young age or by instinct. I personally feel that I would rather not show how I feel (If it's negative feelings) to the entire class because, 1) I am that type of person, 2) Everyone looks like they were having fun, and morally for me I cannot spoil that fun because laughter is contagious, 3) Feeling bad will eventually pass unless there will be bad consequences in the future, then you really have to stand up for what you think is right.
"It's cold outside, I'm ready for Spring"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I respect that and I completely understand why you didn't do anything to change the situation. Thanks for explaining.
ReplyDelete